Our state-of-the-art fuel terminal located at Port Bonython, approximately 25 kilometres north of Whyalla and 80 kilometres south of Port Augusta is the largest diesel fuel storage facility in South Australia. The $80 million project was commissioned in May 2016 and employed over 130 people at peak construction time. The workforce was sourced almost entirely from South Australia and where possible from the local communities around Whyalla, Port Augusta and Port Pirie. Mitsubishi Corporation’s investment in this terminal demonstrates our commitment to supporting regional development in South Australia.
Terminal Features include:
• 81ML diesel storage (3 x 27ML tanks)
• 2 bay gantry, each bay with 3 arms (2,400 Lpm per arm)
• Vehicle Access – up to Triple road trains
• Open 24 hours, 7 days per week
• Access to deep water port via existing uncongested jetty
• Modern driver and administration facilities
• Rural terminal location ensures less ‘external’ factors, such as traffic congestion, influence transport routes
Port Bonython terminal is operated by our JV partner, Coogee Chemicals. Coogee Chemicals manage a number of fuel terminals throughout Australia and have the highest reputation for safety, quality, reliability and efficiency.